Monday, May 18, 2015

What does 'family' mean?

I am the head organizer of my family. My... "blended" family. What does that even mean? It means that even though I carried and birthed all five of my children, my husband is not 1, 2, and 3's father. Not by blood anyways. What difference does blood really make anyways? For us, nothing.

It makes my heart very happy to see families. ALL families come together to celebrate being a family. Whatever kind of family they are, they are beautiful.

This past weekend I feel so blessed to have been asked to help a family announce to the world that even though they've been a family for a long time, they are now legally a family too. These boys made me laugh, and they brought joy to my heart. Their dad may be blood related to two of them, but he is a father to 4 amazing young men. You mama, should be so proud of your crew. I pray your lives together are nothing less than the best fairy tale ever told.
In case you can't quite see what the sign says, it reads
 "Our skin doesn't match. You don't have my eyes or mouth. I don't know what it is like to look at you and catch a glimpse of myself as a child. What I do see is the hand of God in my life. I see into the windows of Heaven. Our skin may not match, but we match hearts." 

No comments:

Post a Comment