Friday, May 8, 2015

Tips, advice, and how to's-- 1. Smiles





Don't be misled by the title. This is not a specific how to guild to pose crawling bundles of joy, this is my real life experience. This past week I have been setting up my studio and I need to work with setting the lights. I enlisted the help of 9 month old #5. I don't know what the "experts" say, but after shooting my own children for the past 12 years I can say, there is NO SHAME when trying to get a young child to smile for you-- even look in your general direction sometimes. #3 made me a maraca out of beads and tapped together plastic sporks with multi-colored hole puncher holes glued to it. That spoon makes small children happier than any other crazy thing I've bought! Way to go #3! (Mama's favorite today!) They laugh and smile at it, until they decide they want to play with it, then on to plan B. But, after moving baby back to the "X" 98 times, the final product is beautiful.

I may be bias, but the finished product is beautiful, as is #5. When I first started taking pictures of babies and children I felt silly making silly noises and funny faces, then was sad when baby wouldn't look at me. I got over it! Littles love silly faces-- that may sound like common sense, I think for me it was about confidence. Years later, I make a great chicken sound! 

I have also found when you have a little sweetheart who wants to laugh and smile at mom, mama needs to just about sit in your lap so it LOOKS like baby is smiling for you, so-- get to know each other! I'm just kidding... kinda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment