Thursday, September 3, 2015

Let's get to know each other

Your personal style is very important when thinking about what you want out of your session. Using your style and mine, I want you to be very happy. So, I have some questions. I think these are important things to think about.

1. Is there anything your family likes to do together, any hobbies that you think would be fun to add to your session? I've done a "coin collecting" mini before. We want to see your personalities!

2. What makes your littles laugh? Are they terrified of clowns? Maybe I'll leave my big red nose at home. Do they love horses? I have no problems neighing to get them to smile at me. Just give me a heads up!

3. Are there any props at home that are important to your family and you would like to use? Nothing to big or to small! I have a book I was given as a child called "What's your favorite thing to hear?" I love to use that in my littles toddlers sessions.

4. Are you in love with Black and White, or grateful that technology gave us colored portraits?

5. Clothing. What are you comfortable in? I know, you only get family portraits taken once a year-- you want big and fancy. However, if you're uncomfortable I am going to be able to tell. I can make you laugh, I can't make you comfortable in clothes you wouldn't typically wear. So go big, even take some chances, but nothing TO far. ( I can insert awkward family photos from y childhood here, but I will spare you!

The focus of your session will be on you and your family or child. It will be about your expressions, and emotions, and personality. I will concentrate on your laughter, and excitement and connection as a family. I am an 'up close and personal' photographer. I love facial expressions, and want to make sure when you look back you remember what your sweetheart looked like up close. I will take some sonic shots, but it's the face I want to see!

Some simple advice, and things I've noticed over the years:

* A "fully potty trained" toddler WILL have an accident. Be prepared for that, it's ok. I promise!! We can wait while they get some new pants!

* If you're having maternity shots taken and want to show off the belly, make sure you don't wear tight pants that leave lines on your skin, keep it lose and flowy.

*The same goes for new babies^ If you want them in just a diaper/diaper cover please make sure their clothing is lose and won't leave lines on the skin.

*Children act out when you need them to keep it together, I PROMISE together we can handle it. Don't stress.

*New Hair cut? Let's wait a couple of weeks (just in case) Unless you're male, then you're good to go after a day or two.

*Bring your lipstick with you, you might want a touch up, and I do not carry any with me. My teenager steals all of my make up. Sorry!

This is a list I have been working on for some time. I plan to add to it as times goes on! I hope to shoot with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment